The Mysterious World of The Breyer Community

Photo taken by me

You might be asking what is a”Breyer.”  I’m about to tell you all the information you want to know. Breyers are lifelike plastic model horses. They range in size from Minnie Whinnnies (1:64 scale) to Stablemates (1:32 scale), Classics (1:12 scale), and Traditional (1:9 scale) models. Some Breyers are collecter items. But, most Breyers are made to be played with. I have done this with all of my models, including collector’s limited editions.  This results in scratches, rub marks, leg breaks, etc. Most horses that get damaged can still be played with and some can’t. The horses with the most severe damage are the ones with missing legs. If they’re missing a leg, they might not be able to stand up. Most legs can be glued back on or reattached with duct tape.

Breyer models can be shown for prizes. Breyer model horse shows are the next stage of what I would like to tell you about. Breyers can be shown in different competitions like diorama, best condition, most creative and other divisions. Breyer Live Shows take a lot of planning and handcrafting. You might be astonished to see what creative things people come up with. Shows are set up by table, on which you place your horse for a certain show class. Judges come around and take notes on each Breyer model, photograqh or diorama. The prizes for the winners are usually glossy model horses that are extremely rare.

Photo taken by me

Many people like to use Breyers for photography. Some people even make a living out of taking pictures of Breyer models or use them to practice their photography skills.  This is great practice for future photographers.  Some people even use their skills and their Breyers to make videos. Most internet Breyer videos are stories or music videos. The videos tell different stories and have enjoyable plots.  Many of these videos are posted on Youtube. All of theses stories take time to plan, write, and set up. They are good practice for future movie directors.  The horses usually need to move without the viewer seeing the hand moving them. This takes time to master,  but if you practice you will never see a hand in your video.  Breyer model horses can be played with and used in so many different ways.

Links for more info:

Live Show Information

Examples Of Breyer Photos

One Reply to “The Mysterious World of The Breyer Community”

1. I have a lot of breyers i have a full collection of them. how many do you have.